Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sadness

Some of you will remember me talking about Katie Renz's blog at our last crop. I began reading it about a month or so ago - right around the time they had the "Swimming for Katie" fundraiser. Needless to say, I began to go back and read older posts and felt like I got to know her, well, as much as you can in a month. It seemed like a big part of the paper crafting world got to know her and love her as well.

So, despite the fact it was more than likely inevitable, it was still sad to learn Katie Renz lost her hard-fought battle with stomach cancer on Monday, 11/07. She left behind her husband, Kevin, and sons, Hunter, Nate, and Will. I am positive they miss her tremendously as do many other family and friends.

From reading blogs of those who were far closer to Katie than me, I have learned her husband and sons all have birthdays within the next few weeks. These celebrations will be difficult, I am certain, as they will be the first since her passing. I know I have some great friends out there that this will also touch their heart. If you would like to send cards to the family, you may do so at the following address:

The Renz Family
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

Please note Katie's funeral is scheduled for Monday, 11/14. Her huband's birthday (Kevin) is on 11/17. Her twin sons'(Nate and Will) birthdays are on 11/19. They will turn 6 this year. Her oldest son (Hunter) has his birthday on 12/01 and he will turn 12.

I am grateful for the short time I was able to "know" Katie through her blog. Her courage was amazing, but her devotion to her family was truly inspiring.

2 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

I'm still reeling from this, Lisa. Thanks for posting all this info. :)

Unknown said...

Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearten man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app +1-989-394-3740 Or  also with his personal E-mail on 247officedept@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.